Rollers are designed to do a lot of work. They help move materials, machine parts and provide support for items moving through a machine. Rollers that are suffering from wear, tears or gouges can’t perform like they were intended. Sioux Rubber & Urethane has been recovering rollers with high-quality urethane for decades. Here are just a couple of facts about our urethane-recovered rollers.
- Urethane coverings are available in multiple durometers. Durometer is one of several measures of the hardness of a material, including urethane. Polyurethane can be cast as soft as a 20 Shore A to a hardness of 60 Shore A to 65 Shore D.
- Our urethane works for food-grade applications. Food manufacturing, packing and distributing processes benefit from the abrasion resistance of urethane. Urethane can be sprayed on rollers that come in contact with both food and food packaging. The USDA has set standards for materials that come in contact with food and Sioux Rubber & Urethane’s food-grade urethane meets those standards.
- Urethane-recovered rollers are available in crowned or grooved finishes. Our urethane-recovered rollers are modified depending upon your needs. See examples of some of the many rollers we’ve covered, in multiple colors and finishes, on our website.
- Urethane resists high temperatures. Urethane can typically be used in temperatures ranging from -80°F to 200°F and some formulations be used in temperatures as high as 300°F. Urethane also stands up in a variety of environments which makes it ideal for outdoor use.
- Urethane lasts and lasts. Once you recover your roller in high-quality Endurawear Urethane, you won’t have to worry about it wearing out for a long time, sometimes even years depending on usage. And once the urethane does need replacing, we can continue to reuse the existing roller.
- Recovering works on rollers up to 60-inches in diameter and 20-feet in length. Rollers come in a range of sizes and we’ve had experience covering most of them. If your rollers don’t fit in-between these dimensions, let us know. We might be able to come up with another solution for you.
- Recovering rollers can be done quickly. Located right here in Sioux City, Iowa, we promise our customers a fast turnaround on their recovered parts because we understand that downtime costs money. We manufacture your parts right in our plant and get them back to you many times within seven to 10 days.
No matter if you’re recovering a roller or need a new core fabricated specifically to your design, Sioux Rubber & Urethane can get the job done. We can either cast or spray the covering to fit almost any application. Contact us today to see how our products can improve your business.