There are a variety of forklift clamp attachments designed to help workers move materials that a regular set of forks would have trouble with including paper rolls, lightweight boxes and cartons. These clamps are made from a substrate, usually metal, and have an attached pad made of rubber to help cushion and grip the material. While forklift clamps are a common piece of equipment in any warehouse, here are five things you probably didn’t know about clamp pads.
- Clamp Pads Decrease Damage To Materials. The purpose of clamp pads is to cushion and grip the products you move. When clamp pads are worn damage from sliding, scratching, skidding and even dropping the haul is a real concern. The better the clamp pad, the better protection for your materials.
- Clamp Pads Don’t Have To Be Entirely Bought New. One of the biggest surprises we tell our customers is you don’t have to buy a completely new set of clamp pads each time they wear out. The substrate material ALWAYS outlasts the rubber. Instead of buying an entirely new set, and throwing out a perfectly good substrate, Sioux Rubber & Urethane can recover it, so it looks and performs like new.
- Recovered Clamp Pads Are Very Durable. If quality is a concern, rest assured your recovered clamp pads will come back with the same, if not better, durability as a new pair. We use our proprietary Endurawear™ rubber that is designed to last; we stake our name on it.
- It’s Cheaper To Recover To Clamp Pads. Recovering a clamp pad is considerably cheaper than replacing the entire pad. We’ve found it’s at least one-third of the cost to recover compared to replacement; these savings directly impact your bottom line.
- It’s Faster To Replace Clamp Pads. Sioux Rubber & Urethane has been recovering clamp pads for more than 30 years. We know our stuff, and we know how to get it done fast. We promise quick turnaround times so you can get back to work. And since we use your original pads’ mounting holes, there’s no fiddling with getting the clamp pads back on the machine and no sending back because you ordered the wrong size.
The choice is clear. Stop wasting money and time. Let Sioux Rubber & Urethane recover your existing clamp pads. Download our clamp pad product sheet or contact us to get started.